Health & Safety Policy Statement
This statement of company policy with regard to health and safety at work has been created in accordance with the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work etc., Act: 1974, Section 2(3).
Statement of Company Policy:
The Board of Directors regard the promotion and management of health and safety to be a top priority for employees at all levels, regardless of seniority.
Barclay + Mathieson Limited (The “Company”), is committed to maintaining high standards around occupational health and safety, and environmental management.
The Company will provide a safe and healthy working environment for employees, subcontractors, customers and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring that our activities do not place local communities at risk.
We believe that people are our most important asset and that their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. We will train our managers, supervisors, and employees so that they become accountable for ensuring a safe work environment without injury or incidents. In addition, The Company shall:
- Seek continuous improvement in our Occupational Health and Safety performance by setting targets and monitoring progress.
- Formally identify, assess, and reduce or eliminate the risks from all types of work activities that may result in personal injury or illness, damage to property, fire, or security breaches.
- Provide instruction and training to management, employees, contractors, customers, and visitors in order to increase understanding of any workplace hazards that they may encounter.
- Involve individuals in occupational health and safety matters and consult with them as appropriate on ways to recognise, evaluate, and control workplace hazards.
- Provide employees with information on occupational health care and promote good health.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, and ILO standards as a minimum and,
- Strengthen our business by making health and safety issues an integral part of our business activities.
It is the policy of the company to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent injury to persons and damage to plant, equipment or property, and to protect all persons including visitors and the general public from potential hazards if they come into contact with our undertaking. The company will keep up to date with current requirements on health and safety matters through a duly appointed competent person(s) and observe relevant statutes, regulations and codes of practice as an absolute minimum.
The company shall, through its training policy, ensure that employees are instructed in health and safety procedures and fire precautions. Also, adequate training will be given in the safe use of equipment on our premises.
This policy is supported by a series of arrangements for managing the risks and hazards that are encountered in the workplace. Standards, guidance, and procedures for safe working and for dealing with specific risks will be made available and sites will be formally benchmarked against internal and external requirements on an annual basis. Regular site inspections and audits will be carried out as necessary and reports produced for action and resolution.